Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 25!

Well, a lot of good news came out of some sketchy things today.

Let's start out with how awesome my nurses were to request no vitals between 11 and 7 from the on call doc yesterday. I slept from 11 to 5 uninterrupted. My son usually wakes us around 5, so it is still kind of ingrained in me to wake up then.

Unfortunately, my morning trip to the bathroom involved new symptoms: blood. I immediately alerted the nurses.



Funny story, if you almost passed out last week, and then pull the nurse call cord in the bathroom, 2 nurses come because they think they have to pick your butt up off the floor.
Anyway, they were 2 of my favorites (all 12 are actually awesome, only one of them stole my shower chair last week, so she is not a favorite, but I still like her just fine) and they were very reassuring that it was not cause for concern at this time, unless something changes.

At this point I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, so I got hooked up to the heart monitor for Miss Penny, who was fine.

Doctor came in and was not only equally reassuring, but also gave me wheelchair privileges and snacks she had swiped from the doctor's lounge. Also, today was a shower day, so yaaaay!

Later some friends came to visit and took me on a wheelchair ride around some windowed areas, no sun, but still better than my view of a brick wall. It was a great visit, but Penny's kicks felt weird and uncomfortable while sitting upright in the wheelchair, so I told the nurse after they left. I also had some heavier bleeding. She wasn't sure this was something to be concerned about, but offered the heart monitor.

After a few minutes of being hooked up and relaxing to her little galloping horse heart beat, another nurse I hadn't met came in and said she was hooking me up to an IV since I was having some contractions. Say whaaa? Doctor was called, IV was given and then some Procardia to stop contractions.


I wasn't supposed to have my ultrasound and measurements until tomorrow, but the doctor moved it up because of our lovely situation.
This was the best part of my day. My AFI (totally unscientific measurement of amniotic fluid) is up from a 2 to a 6.4! So all that water drinking paid off (btw, I did not suffer, I LOVE water). Next, Penny's weight. She is 655g, which puts her at average for 25 weeks, so her survival chance is 78%. YAY!! All this eating is helping!!
So, that brings us to now. 3 hours later. Still not allowed to eat "just in case" we have to go do an emergency C-section, but possibly not a big deal since the doc hasn't called back with further instructions... I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I am trying not to eat this delicious Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwich hubby brought me before I knew I couldn't eat. I'm hungry!!



1 comment: