Wednesday, March 4, 2015

So much foooooood...

I have small babies. My son was only a week early and weighed 6 lb, 12 oz. Small babies are easy to deliver!



This time around, weight has more significance. Survival rates change with gestational age and weight. Average chance of survival is better when the baby weighs more than the listed average weight. For example, at 24 weeks and 2 days, Penelope has a 59% chance of survival if she weighs around 500g. If she weighs 501-750g, she has a 61% chance.751-1000g, 66% chance. I don't think I'll get a baby to be in the highest weight range, but the more, the better.

So, I am making a conscious effort to eat more. Hard to do when you aren't moving much and don't feel hungry!

However, coworkers sending yummy food has helped.

Monday we had fish with rice and veggies. And my favorite banana pudding (It's made with cream cheese, Paula Deen style, ya'll.)


Yesterday was chicken salad sandwiches.


(Side note: I'm an amateur photographer and it kills me to not have my DSLR here to take better pictures, but also, why bother? That thing is huge and I have limited space.)

The doctor approved me to order two proteins from the cafeteria, but dry bland chicken isn't any better the second time... yuck. (Thank you, honey, for bringing my bottle of Chulula from home.) Also, best feeling ever is the doctor to tell you not to worry about weight gain or anything because you are on bed rest and just try to eat more. How nice!

So, I am using MyFitnessPal to see where my calories come from (hopefully more protein) and telling it I want to gain 1 lb a week... that is fun since I am used to asking it to help me lose weight.

I need to figure out a pre-breakfast snack. I wake up between 5 and 6 usually so I can Skype with my son while he gets ready for school, but breakfast doesn't get delivered here until 7:30. Almond butter and pretzels were good this morning. No more pretzels, though :(

While I'm not concerned about weight gain for me at the moment, being able to move my muscles is a concern. So I did get permission to start some bed rest exercises. Nothing too strenuous, and no abdominal flexing. That said, this 7 minute workout was actually hard work after a week of not moving!

Alright, I'll post more later. Excited to get asked to guest blog for another bed-resting mama later this week. I'll post a link when it's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment