Tuesday, April 14, 2015

30 weeks, hell yeah!

Excited to announce we have made it to 30 weeks and one day, exactly 7 weeks since my water broke! To quote a pregnancy week-by-week email update, "30 weeks, hell yeah!"
Unfortunately, there are still 4 weeks to go... I've done almost twice as much time already, but the fact that I can count on one hand how much longer I have seems to make it that much harder, but also that much more AWESOME.

Last Sunday Penny got measured for weight and she was 2.08 lbs at 28 weeks and 6 days. Not the weight I was going for, but the doctor seemed happy. I read somewhere that preemies who are 3.3 lbs or more do the best.

My friend I made while here that was a few rooms down and was here a day longer than me gave birth almost 2 weeks ago. Her son is HUGE for preemie terms! 30 weeks and almost 4 lbs! He is already on room air and no IV, I am so happy for her!

The boredom is really getting to me. Ordering more craft supplies. Oh, Pinterest, how I love you.

Third trimester nightmares have set in. That's a thing, right? One night was random people murdering each other, the next was a haunted museum...

Just hanging in there. Still entering my online giveaways and watching terrible day time tv. Guilty pleasures... :)

UPDATE: my GTT came back "a little high." I have to do a 3 hour test tomorrow and if that is high, finger sticks and modified diet. Crappy food for the next 4 weeks??
The nurse said another bed rest mama had the same thing happen, but none of her finger sticks were high. New assignment: researching bed rest + gestational diabetes correlation.

No comments:

Post a Comment