Saturday, July 14, 2012

Intro Post

Hi! I'm Jess, a new mom to a 2 month old.
I started this blog, because I realized there were a few things about being a mom that took me too long to find on the internet, so I thought maybe I could collate them all in one place. Also, I have a friend about to have a baby in October and I think I inundated her with information when she asked if I had any advice.



Topics I'm interested in posting on:
-breastfeeding
-"must-haves" to buy for baby
-my reviews on different products: diapers, slings, wraps, shampoos
-clothing brands- which run bigger/smaller than they claim to be
-"colic"- actual definition vs. Grandma and Grandpa's advice (not always tummy aches!!)
-how to get out of the house as a new mommy
-suggestions for other places to get advice/support
-Attachment parenting (although I'd like to talk about this, my husband and I agree that we are very "middle of the road" and do not strictly adhere to any parenting "technique"). My husband and I absolutely *love* Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler on "The Big Bang Theory" (also, "Blossom," for all of you 90's fans!) and were interested to learn that she is a big advocate for attachment parenting. But again, some of these parenting methods go a little further than either of us is willing.

Mayim Bialik from "Big Bang Theory" with the Gigaset L410

Super geeky girlfriend of Sheldon on tv, super baby-wearing mama in real life

No comments:

Post a Comment